9.13.2014

How to Know if You are Ready for a Dog



















As someone who has two dogs, I understand how important it is to make sure you are truly ready for the responsibility that comes along with getting a dog.

I would suggest asking a friend to borrow their dog for a few days. After a few days caring for the dog you will be able to see if you are even ready to make that commitment. If your dog sitting was successful but you still are not sure if you are ready, contact your local shelter and see if you are able to foster a dog for awhile. Shelters always need volunteers! Just be careful, you might be like me and fall in love with a little foster puppy and they become your family!



As far as getting your dog from a breeder or from a shelter, I have done both. What you do is completely up to you. Both of my pups are amazing, and I would not trade them for anything. Bandit, my Jack Russell Terrier I got from a breeder over eight years ago. He is a stubborn little thing but so sweet and loyal. Lola was a foster puppy of a neighbor. My neighbor was convinced that Bandit needed a sister but I was reluctant until spending time with Lola, then I fell in love and she joined our little family. I would highly suggest getting your pup from an animal shelter as there are so many dogs out there that need a loving home. Lola is my sweet baby that I say even though I rescued her, she really rescued me.

What advice would you give a friend who is considering getting a pup?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...