9.24.2014

Losing Blog Inspiration
























One of the biggest challenges of blogging is continuing to come up with unique post ideas. Sometimes the ideas will flow out of me one after another, and other days I sit and stare at a blank post screen. I have begun sitting down once a month and making a list of post ideas. After I have done so, I think at least make an outline of the biggest posts. If I am extremely inspired I go ahead and write a few so that they are ready for busy or uninspired days.

HOW NOT TO RUN OUT OF POST IDEAS:

TIP ONE} PINTEREST
Seriously, all you have to do is type in blog topics and you will have hundreds of ideas right in front of you! If that doesn't seem to help just flip through your friends pins and see what they are interested in lately.

TIP TWO} TAKE NOTES!
I keep a notebook in my purse, in the living room, in my nightstand, in a kitchen drawer, and at work. Every time I get an idea I make sure to write it down immediately! If I do not write my idea down right away I can guarantee that I will not remember it even five minutes later.

TIP THREE} TUTORIALS
My favorite posts to write are tutorials. I love to be able to help others in any way that I can. Share your knowledge - do not just assume everyone knows what you know. Did you just DIY a project or learn how to code something new on your blog? Let us know, share it!

TIP FOUR} PROMPTS
I have known several blogs to give monthly prompts out to fellow bloggers that includes a link up. If you are having a busy or uninspired month, these might be perfect for you. Plus, it is a great way to connect with other bloggers that you might not have otherwise met. Even if you do not use that prompt on the day given, save it to use down the road.

TIP FIVE} GET OUT AND ENJOY THE WORLD | BE SOCIAL
It is so easy, as blogger, for us to sit behind the computer and enjoy our online world, There is nothing wrong with getting involved in the blogging community, but there is an entire world outside of our blogs. Get out of the house, even if it is to take a walk or get a cup of coffee. You cannot force inspiration but you can stumble upon it. Typically, when I leave the house the ideas in my head start flowing.

What tips do you have when you are stuck in a blogging rut?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...