9.05.2012

Walkin' my buns off for boobs!

Hello my lovely blogger friends!

When I was sixteen years old my doctor found a lump right underneath my breast.  
Of course, I received the prepare for breast cancer speech right away.  
Now I know I was super young, and my chances were lower but is was scary nonetheless.  
Thankfully, after having surgery to have the lump removed I was told 
{two long weeks later} that it was free of cancer!

My experience was just a minor scare, but there are many women that are not as fortunate.
I sadly had to watch a friend lose her mother to breast cancer and it was devastating.
I cannot pretend to understand what it is like to go through the journey of breast cancer,
but I can find my way to support those who are effected by this awful cancer.

On Saturday, September 22 I am joining along with my co-workers in downtown Evansville Indiana for the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure.  This is where I need your help...
I hate asking people for money but I would love if you could donate on behalf of our team.
We each have to raise at least $150 but I know we could do so much better for this amazing cause!

So instead of just asking for your help in raising money I thought I would do a raffle!
{Yep, old fashion style.  Every dollar gets you one entry}
Be sure to include your name and e-mail address when you donate 
so I can include you in the raffle.
Oh yeah, by the way, the winner will be chosen by using random.org, 
and EVERY donation will be given to Race for the Cure.
_____________________________________________________________________________

HERE IS WHAT YOU COULD WIN:
Thirty-One Timeless Wristlet, $25 Value

PLUS:
Thirty-One Organizing Utility Tote, $30 Value
_______________________________________________________________________________
DONATE HERE:


2 comments :

  1. New follower from GFC blog hop! Glad to hear that you are doing well after that scare. We need to find a cure for all cancers!! Good luck with your walk! Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! Thanks, I am really excited for Race for the Cure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...