8.20.2012

It's NEVER too late to change...

Hello everyone!  Guess what?  I am so excited today!  
Would you like to know why?
Because Jessica from Lovely Little Things is guest blogging today.

I enjoy reading Jessica's blog daily, and I especially have always enjoyed her fitness and nutrition posts!
I have been doing a lot of reevaluating in my life lately and my health and lack of fitness is one of the biggest areas I would like to work on and change.  The difficult part of that is I have tried and tried again in the past and given up, but I feel differently about it now...more determined.
Therefore, I contacted Jessica about doing a health and fitness post, and she was so extremely sweet to agree to share her views!  She's the best, REALLY!  Plus she had amazing style!  {Check out her blog!}



Hello, hello :) First of all I wanted to thank Brittney for having me today!


I'm Jessica and I blog over at Lovely Little Things. There's no limit to what you'll find over there. Sometimes I blog about style & beauty, sometimes I blog about my daily endeavors, and sometimes I even blog about health & fitness...which is what I'm here to talk to you about today!




Summertime is coming to a close (can you believe it?!) so that means that yummy holiday food is right around the corner. WELL I'm here to give you some tips on how to jump start leading a healthy/fit lifestyle so that you'll be prepared to conquer the dreaded weight gain of winter! Sound good?

These are some of the things that I did to transition into a healthier lifestyle:

1. Get a workout partner.
Having someone to hold you accountable is so important at the beginning. That way if you're not feeling like hitting the gym, your workout buddy can give you a few words of encouragement (or a kick in the rear...depends what you need haha) to get you moving. 

2. Ease your way into eating healthy if you have to.
I started out by giving up soda, sugar, and fried food. After having a good grip on those eating habits, I eased into some others, such as adding more veggies into my diet. Now, after 6ish years of living a healthy lifestyle, I have cut out 80% of processed foods from my diet, I make sure to drink 75 ounces of water each day, and I don't skip meals. 

3. Keep your workouts interesting.
Incorporate different types of workouts into your fitness regime so that you don't get bored and give up. For cardio I love biking, dancing, and swimming. Going to a workout class, like Zumba, is also a good way to spice up your usual workout.

4. Make sure you're eating enough each day to keep your metabolism active.
I aim to eat 5 times a day. Sounds like a lot, right? I eat breakfast, a small snack, lunch, a small snack, and finish with dinner. I don't eat carbs past lunch time. I eat a lot of lean protein and veggies. Making yourself an eating schedule will help make sure that you're eating enough times per day. Keep in mind to watch your portion sizes, too.

5. Do not give up.
Results don't happen overnight. Reaching your goals takes hard work, drive, and a lot of motivation. Also remember to set realistic goals. This will help keep you on track. Seeing the smaller goals being met will push you to keep going. You are beautiful and you CAN do this :) If you want it, you'll be able to work hard enough for it.

You can read my full health & fitness story here :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...