8.28.2012

I'm excited for you to meet my blogging/designing buddy!

Hello all!  I have a special surprise for ya'll today.  
I get to introduce you to my blogging and fellow designer buddy today!  
Seriously, she is super cool and sweet so I think it would be a wonderful idea to check out her blog!

Also, I wanted to thank every one of you for praying for my friend and I.
They are doing so much better and days definitely seem brighter!
I am, oh so very thankful, for a wonderful blogging community that support one another.
If any of you ever need anything, just let me know!



Hello, Yellow Umbrella readers! I'm so thrilled to be guest posting for Britt today! You can see her post on my blog right now!

Alright, so introductions! I'm Shaylee Ann. I'm nineteen. I'm single. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints



I blog at Mother {at} Heart. I'm short, quietly loud, and a lover of all things mommy and baby. And that pretty much sums me up!

Britt and I decided to swap posts about a passion something that we have in common - a passion for designing. [Again, go read her post!]

I have an immense love for fonts, color schemes, and HTML tags. When I was about sixteen, I started my first blog. Amo Vita was simple, bright, and boring. I used backgrounds from sites like The Cutest Blog on the Block. Their backgrounds are darling, but the border around the header was ugly, and the lack of personality gave me no desire to ever post. How could I post when it looked so . . . horrid?



So, I rolled up my sleeves and googled everything I could about blog design. I began by using MS Powerpoint as I made the transition from Amo Vita to Simple Elegance,  















I created my own header with my own images and cute fonts, and hello, I was in heaven. After a while I learned how to create my own headerssidebar titlespost dividersfavicons, and signatures.



 They weren't adorable by any means, but they were a step towards becoming a self-proclaimed designer. Once I realized that I could personalize my blog even more, I taught myself how to read basic HTML by watching tutorials on Youtube. I practiced, and practiced, and practiced some more. I gave my blog more makeovers than I can count. Then, once I felt comfortable enough to share my new skills with others, I began Simple {&} Elegant Designs. I designed half a blog before finding the need to close shop, due to a busy life and not enough time to spend designing. I continued to design my personal blog, transitioned from Simple {&} Elegance to Mother {at} Heart,





















and by Spring of this year, my designing was taking off. I started out simple, with just fonts and colors, then moved on to create my own graphics and tweak every bit of code I could get my hands on. I went back to using at program that I have tried out before, but hadn't really been converted to, yet - Paint.Net. Three blogs later, I was on my way to starting up my own designing business - Dream 65 Designs - this time sticking with it, and going all out.























Now, I create email stationary from scratch;



I design blogs for friends and fellow bloggers, and I offer my newly-acquired design knowledge to anyone who asks. I love what I do, and I love that I can earn money from doing what I love.

Because I love Yellow Umbrella's readers, YOU, I'm offering the first person to read this post, to become a follower of Mother {at} Heart via GFC, and to email me, a free custom email stationary!









Would you like that? 

I thought so. ;)

Thank you again to dear Britt for giving me the opportunity to do this post! Have a fantastic Monday, loves! :)

7 comments :

  1. Well I think I know where I'm coming when I want a new header ;) I only had it done not to long ago but you know you can never have too many right? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaylee is definitely one talented and amazing person!

      Delete
    2. I'd be happy to do one for you, Sarah! It wouldn't cost much at all! ;) And you're definitely right; you can never have too many headers/blog designs!

      Delete
    3. See, told you she was the best! :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute blog site! good job! Newest follower from the GFC blog hop. Would LOVE it if you could visit and follow back. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I would love to follow back. In fact, I am going to do that right now! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your post Shaylee, your designs are adorable! Thanks for sharing and guest posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...